Multinational Capacity Building
We have several initiatives designed to build capacity in low- and middle-income countries, including:
- International workshops in health policy and research ethics for researchers, governmental officials, and IRB and Ethics Committee members
- International workshops to support a network of young scholars in bioethics from low- and middle-income countries
- Three month IRB training program that brings participants from resource poor settings to the NIH for training in ethics and IRB review
- Joint NIH-University of Bergen Ph.D. program for candidates from low- and middle-income countries. Please contact the Department or Reidar Lie for more information [disclaimer] about this program
- Of the fellowships that we offer, the two-year postdoctoral training program is open to both international and domestic participants. The post-baccalaureate training program is open only to domestic participants.
- Short-term appointments for visiting scholars and researchers from around the world